You can easily increase the functionality of your Joomla site by installing extensions. There are many different kinds of extensions available such as plugins, modules, and components that will allow you to change the look of your site and how it functions. You can find many of these extensions in the Joomla Extension Library. 1. ..
1. Log in to your account at secure.webhero.com. 2. Select Applications in the Website menu. 3. From this screen you can customize the installation options. Choose the directory you want to install Joomla to, the database, your site title, and the admin login credentials. Click Submit at the bottom once you are ready. IMPORTANT! When ..
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to database 1. If you are receiving errors on your site that the connection to the database failed, check your configuration.php file in your Joomla directory to make sure it has the correct information. It should be: var $dbtype = ‘mysql’; var $host = ‘mysql.webhero.com’; ..
1. To find which version of Joomla that you have installed, simply look in the upper right corner of your ad..
You can email the registered users on your site with a tool built in to Joomla. This can be used to notify of new features on your site or as a newsletter. 1. From your admin panel, go to Tools -> Mass Mail. 2. You can choose which group to send mail to. If you ..
1. From your admin panel, go to Components -> Polls. 2. Select the New icon at the top. 3. Give your poll a title and set the voting options. 4. Select Save when finished. 5. Now that the poll has been saved, we need to Publish it to your site. To do this, select Extensions ..
1. From your admin panel, go to Content -> Category Manager. 2. Next, select the New icon at the top. 3. Fill out the form fields with your category’s info. Title – the title of the new category Alias – the alias of the new category Published – toggles whether or not this will be ..
1. From your admin panel, go to Content -> Article Manager. 2. With a fresh Joomla install, you will already have several articles already in here. To avoid confusion, you can delete them from this page by selecting the Check All box and then the Trash icon at the top. 3. Select the New icon ..
1. Adding a new module is an easy way to display a banner or a block of text on your site. To start, go to Extensions -> Module Manager. 2. Select New at the top and then the Custom HTML option. 3. You can now set the title, access level, position, and other settings for ..
1. From your admin panel, go to Menus -> Main Menu. 2. A fresh Joomla install will have some links already in the main menu. Let’s remove these and add our own. To do this, select the check all button and then the Trash icon. You will see a warning that says “You cannot trash ..