Pingbacks and Trackbacks are often abused by spammers and can cause serious problems with your blog. We recommend disabling them until you are confident you can deal with any complications that may follow. 1. First, select Settings and then Disuccsion from the menu on the left. 2. Uncheck the second option down that says Allow ..
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select Settings -> Discussion. 2. Uncheck the box next to Allow people to post comments on new articles. Click Save at the bottom and you’re..
Some themes will allow you to add an excerpt of your post for the front page of your blog. Excerpts are also sometimes used in RSS readers and elsewhere on the web. They provide an easy way to give a quick summary of your post’s content with a link to continue reading the full post. ..
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select Links and then Add New on the left menu. 2. On this screen you can enter the name of your link, the URL (address), and assign advanced paramaters. 3. Once you are finished, select the Add Link button to the right. 4. That’s it! Your link is now listed ..
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select the Upload/Insert Photo icon. 3. Click the Select Files button. 4. A new window will open so that you can browse your hard drive for the image files you want to upload. After you have selected the files and clicked Open it will take just a few seconds to ..
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select Posts and then Add New on the left menu. 2. On this screen you can enter the title, body, and select additional options for your post.. 3. Once you are finished, select the Publish button to the right. 4. That’s it! Your post is now published to ..
This article assumes you know your current Admin password. If you have forgot it you can either retrieve it by clicking the Lost Password? link on your WordPress admin login page or by editing an entry in your MySQL database. For assistance with editing the database, sale please Contact Support. 1. From your WordPress Dashboard, ..
1. First, you can see the Author section towards the bottom of the page in the middle column. From the drop down box, you can select a new author to assign to the post. 3. When you are done, simply press the Update button and the author is changed im..
Tags are a convenient way to organize your blog’s content. Adding tags to posts will help your site’s visitors find their way around more easily. 1. First, start a new post or open an existing one. Instructions for doing this can be found at Creating a New Blog Post. 2. With the post open, you ..
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, simply select the Select Files button to browse for the video file on your computer. For the rest of this tutorial, we will be adding an online video from Youtube.To do this, you will want to select the From URL tab at the top on this screen. 4. Enter the ..