We provide a mailing list feature which can be accessed via the Mailing List page of the Webhero control panel. Mailing lists are for participatory discussions among multiple people. For example, if you own a website about cars, you can start a mailing list where your users can discuss their favorite cars, tuning tips, etc. Each member of the mailing list will receive an email when someone send a message to the list.
If you are planning to send mass emails to a group of people, such as a monthly newsletter, please note that our mailing list will not help you accomplish this. WebHero has a zero tolerance policy regarding spamming, and we ask that you restrict outgoing messages to 250 or fewer recipients.
To create your mailing list, please use the following steps:
1. Browse to the Mailing List Page in the WebHero control panel.
2. Choose a name for your list. Please note that this will become the email address for the list. For example, if you choose ‘cars’ as the list name, people will send email to your list by emailing ‘email@example.com’.
3. Enter your email address, or the email address of the list moderator.
4. Choose if you want the list to be public or moderated. If the list is public, all messages submitted will be automatically forwarded to the list subscribers. If the list if moderated, each message must be approved by the list moderator before it is published.
5. Click “Create” to create your list.
To subscribe to your list, send a message to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ (substitute your list name and domain as appropriate). An email response will be sent requesting confirmation of the email address. This helps to prevent unwilling people from being added to your email list.
To unsubscribe from your list, send a message to ‘email@example.com’ (substitute your list name and domain as appropriate).