Setting a Blog Post to Private
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select Posts on the left menu.
2. Select the post you would like to make private by clicking the title.
3. On the right, select the Edit link in the Visibility section.
4. You can password protect the post, or simply make it private. Posts marked as private will only available to those registered to contribute to your blog.
5. Click Update once finished and your settings are saved immediately.
Preventing Your Blog From Being Accessible to Search Engines
1. From your WordPress Dashboard, select Settings and then Privacy on the left menu.
2. Here you can select the second option which will block search engines, but not normal visitors.
3. Select Save Changes and you are finished.