Every domain name has a WHOIS record that contains information about WHO IS responsible for the domain name.
Every WHOIS record is managed and made publicly available by the registrar of record to allow rapid resolution of technical problems and to permit enforcement of consumer protection, and other laws.
As an ICANN accredited registrar, Catalog.com maintains WHOIS records for all domains registered with us.
Every WHOIS record contains, but is not limited to, the following important information:
1. Registrant – The legal owner of the domain name. This cannot be changed without mailing a certified, written document detailing the changes and authorized by the registrant.
2. Registrant Contact Information – This is the address and phone number of the registrant.
3. Administrative Contact Information – The name, email address, and telephone number of the person administering the domain name. This can be the web developer or the owner of the domain.
4. Authoritative Domain Name Servers – Domain name servers control where your domain points. You can register your domain with one company, and keep your hosting with a separate company. Domain name servers provide flexibility in managing your domain.
5. Expiration Date – The date by which your domain needs to be renewed. By default, any domain registered with WebHero.com will renew automatically. You can change your billing preferences at any time via the WebHero control panel.
6. Status – Domains are locked by default to prevent unauthorized transfer or theft of domains. If you need to transfer your domain, open a support ticket to request that your domain be unlocked.
You can find WHOIS information for your domain online.