The Internet Coalition for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) requires that contact information for the owner of a domain be made publicly available through the WHOIS record. This information includes the owner’s name, address, and telephone number.
That policy enables anyone, including spammers and direct marketers, to search examine personal information about domain owners.
When our customers add privacy protection to their domain, we will replace the customer’s personal information with generic WebHero information.
Domain privacy can be added to your domain for $9.95/year ($7.95/year for Hosting Club members). Please visit the upgrade center if you are an existing customer to add this feature to your account.
You can find WHOIS information for your domain online.
DOMAIN WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICE CONDITIONS
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Whois Privacy Service hides the contact details of the actual owner from appearing in the Whois lookup for the domain name.
2. IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
(1) Registrant acknowledges and agrees that the contact information being displayed in the Whois of a privacy protected domain will be those designated by the Catalog.com
(2) Registrant agrees that we cannot guarantee delivery of messages to either the Registrant, Administrative, Billing, Technical Contact, or Customer of a privacy protected domain, and that messages may not be delivered in time or at all. Catalog.com disclaims any and all liability associated with non-delivery of any messages relating to the domain and this service.
(3) Registrant understands that the Whois privacy service is only available for certain TLDs.
(4) Irrespective of whether Whois Privacy is enabled or not, Registrants are required to fulfill their obligations of providing true and accurate contact information.
(5) Registrant understands and acknowledges that Catalog.com in its sole discretion can discontinue providing Whois privacy services for the domain for any reason, including but not limited to:
(a) if Catalog.com receives any abuse complaint for the privacy protected domain name, or
(b) pursuant to any applicable laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement agency, or
(c) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name, or
(d) for any other reason that Catalog.com in its sole discretion deems appropriate to switch off the Whois privacy services.