To transfer your domain name to Webhero.com, please use the following steps to ensure that the transistion is as smooth and quick as possible:
1. Ensure that your domain is at least sixty days old. According to internet law, domains cannot be transferred to a new registrar with the first sixty days of creation. If your domain is less that sixty days old, you can still sign up for a hosting-only account with us, and transfer your domain later.
2. Contact your current registrar to unlock your domain. If a domain is locked, it cannot be transferred to another registrar. You may have to call your registrar to unlock the domain, or they may provide an online method of unlocking your domain. You should also obtain your authorization code at this time as all domain transfers now require them.
3. When you contact your registrar, make sure that the administrative contact email address is up-to-date. This address will be used to obtain permission to transfer your domain.
4. Visit the WebHero home page to sign up for the domain transfer. Be sure to select the “Transfer” option to transfer the domain name.
5. After you have completed the sign-up process, a “request for approval” email will be sent to the administrative contact for your domain. Follow the instructions in this email to approve your transfer.
6. After we receive your approval for the transfer, a request will be sent to your current registrar to approve the transfer. Your registrar has five days to approve or deny the request.
7. After your domain has been released, it will be set up in our system. If you have purchased hosting, it will be added to your account at this time. When your account is set up, you will receive an email from us with your login information.